To import one resume file at a time, please follow these steps below:
- Under "Candidates" - "Active" view, right-hand side, on the main "tool bar", Click on the drop down for "New" --> Choose "Upload (Parse from Single Resume File)".
- Locate the resume file you wish to upload and click “Open”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to parse the resume. Exelare will automatically parse/extract fields from the resume file like First Name, Last Name, Email1, Mobile Phone, Company Name, Job Title, Address, City, State, Zip etc.
- Click on “Next”.
- Exelare will check for duplicates based on the email address from the candidates resume
a) EMail address is same OR
b) First Name + Last Name + Phone number is same OR
c) First Name + Last Name + City + State is same
If the resume does not have email address, choose any combination and click on “Check Again”.
- If it does not find a duplicate, Exelare will assume you want to “Create a new Candidate/Consultant” by default.
- If it does find a duplicate, Exelare will assume you want to 'Merge' the Candidate/Consultant by default. In this case, the user can choose which fields to update from the 'Importing Column' to the 'Existing Column' by selecting the checkboxes between the two columns. If the box is checked, the data from the 'Importing' side will overwrite the data on the 'Existing' side.
- While importing a Consultant/Candidate, the User can link a Candidate as ‘Potential’ or ‘Received’ to any of your “Open” jobs.
- Click “Finish”.
Please refer to the tutorial link: How to Import multiple resumes from files or a folder