To search memo Fields inside of Companies, Contacts or Jobs, please follow these steps:
Initiating a Search
- In any Company, Contact or Job View, click on the ‘Advanced Search’ button on the top right of the view
- A new window will open
- Click the ‘Keyword Search In’ Button and choose which field you would like to search, or check them all to search all simultaneously.
- Choose whether to use ‘Regular Search’ or ‘Boolean Search’. If you use the Boolean Search Option, you can enter full Boolean strings in to the new search box you see. Please see: Exelare Boolean Operators Cheat Sheet
- If you use ‘Regular Search’, you can use the available search fields (All, Any, None & Exact Phrases).
- Type in the keywords you want to search for. It is not necessary to use commas
- Enter a ZipCode and Search Radius if desired (not required)
- Click ‘Find Now’
- Your search will start and you will now see the results of your search in the view you had selected
- At any point in time during your search, you can always click on the ‘Advanced Find’ button one more time. When doing so, you will see three options: 1) Add, 2) Narrow, 3) Replace
- Add - By Selecting ‘Add’, you can enter new search criteria and the new results will be added to the results you already got from previous search.
- Narrow - By Selecting ‘Narrow’, you can enter new search criteria. This is effectively a search within a search. The new search will only search the candidates you have already found, except it will search based on the new criteria you enter.
- Replace - By Selecting ‘Replace’, you can enter new search terms and execute a completely new search, ignoring and replacing your previous results.
- Save Your Searches - At any point, click on the ‘Save’ icon next to the ‘Saved Searches’ box. A new window will pop up, allowing you to give your search a name and save it. At any time you re-open your search by selecting it from the drop down list.
- Use the Lookup Field Operator to choose values from any lookup – Simply choose a Lookup field using the dropdown list. Once you have selected a lookup field, you will see a list of values from which you can select. Change the ‘Lookup Field” from the dropdown list to change the available values to choose from.